Dietitians are qualified health professionals, registered with CORU in Ireland; who assess, diagnose and treat diet and nutrition problems at an individual and wider public health level. Dietitians use evidence based scientific research on food, health and disease which they translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
There is one part time dietitian in Leopardstown Park Hospital who provides nutrition and dietetic services (on a prioritised basis) to residents/ clients. Some of the main conditions that may be referred to the dietitian include: malnutrition, wound care, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, renal disease, nutritional support including tube feeding and palliative care.
The clinical services the dietitian provides include:
• Clinical assessment, diet therapy advice and monitoring of nutritional status
• Staff education on nutrition provision as appropriate
• Multidisciplinary team-work
• Liaising with catering regarding meal provision
• Development of nutrition education resources
For further information please contact the Nutrition and Dietetic Department on: (01) 216 0572 or Email: email@example.com