Leopardstown Park Hospital Trust
The Leopardstown Park Hospital Trust was established in 1917 by Gertrude Dunning who gifted Leopardstown Park, a magnificent country manor set in 100 acres of parkland, to the British Ministry of Pensions. The LPH Trust directly operated the Hospital until 1979, when the Leopardstown Park Hospital (Establishment) Order, 1979 was signed into legislation. This established the Leopardstown Park Hospital Board, who were then licenced by the LPH Trust to:
· conduct and manage the hospital,
· to provide such services and facilities at the hospital as may, from time to time, be approved by the Minister, after consultation with the Board,
· to provide for the maintenance of the hospital.
Veterans and their spouses continue to enjoy priority of admission to residential care facilities, subject to clinical assessment and suitability for medical criteria in place. The LPH Trust can be contacted as below:
Leopardstown Park Hospital
The Trust also provides financial assistance to those who have been disabled or invalided as a result of service with the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom and who are resident in Ireland.
Applications for financial assistance should be made to;
26 South Frederick Street,
Tel: 01 6772554